Car Rental in Egypt
the land of ancient treasures and tourist destinations
Egypt is the first vacationer vacation spot, that includes most of the entire world’s most historical treasures and drawing readers into the extraordinary pyramids, sculptures and castles For the reason that duration of The traditional Greeks. Take advantage of within your go to to this culturally abundant nation by reserving your rental automobile these days.
December and January are the height tourist seasons in Egypt, in the event the pyramids and temples are uncomfortably crowded. The region is quite comfortable to go to from Oct to April.
Arabic would be the official language of Egypt, while English is extensively spoken at vacationer websites, and several Egyptians speak a wide array of the planet’s languages, at least at The fundamental level. Road signs are generally in both of those Arabic and Latin alphabets, though simple reading knowledge of Arabic is going to be a massive help to you personally on any more highway visits!
Egypt is located while in the Japanese European Time Zone, UTC+2.
The currency would be the Egyptian pound. Your very best option for attaining Egyptian pounds is Benefiting from the ATMs in key metropolitan areas - unless certainly you have a good head for calculations and so are prepared to haggle with any of your regional forex Trade outlets.
Eagle Rent a Car in Egypt
Don’t undervalue distances in Egypt and always you should definitely have excessive quantities of consuming drinking water for almost any intercity vacation! Cairo and its pyramids at Giza can be found about 220 km (136 mi) south of Alexandria; Luxor is found an astonishing 650 km (404 mi) south of Cairo together the Nile wetlands.
Rental cars and trucks are available in the foremost cities of Egypt, for example Alexandria and Cairo, in addition to at lots of well-known vacationer destinations, like Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Luxor, Ismailia, and Marsa Alam.
Most Arab nationalities require no visa to go to Egypt, and many Other folks, including Europeans, can just buy a visa on arrival. Double Look at regulations before you decide to depart, as some nationalities ought to submit an application for a visa prior to they depart for Egypt.
Driving in Egypt
Push defensively in Egypt, and become inform for speedily switching highway disorders as well as erratic actions of other buyers of highway- and highways. For those who’re scheduling on viewing any metropolitan areas through your take a look at - which is click here
suggested - e-book a lodge with complementary parking and rely upon community transportation or taxis for the bulk within your metropolitan explorations so as to keep away from undue headaches. As fuel is seriously sponsored, self-driving Egypt remains a effortless and cheap strategy to take advantage of of the go to!
- Site visitors proceeds on the right-hand side with the road during Egypt.
- In cities and towns: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- On motorways and rural streets: ninety km/h (fifty five mph)
- On the highway among Alexandria and Cairo: a hundred km/h (62 mph)
- Parking during Egypt is relatively unregulated; quite a few locals go away their parking breaks off to permit newcomers to push vehicles into quite possibly the most handy place.
- You have to have a global driver’s permit Together with your legitimate domestic driver’s license so as to lease and driver through Egypt.
- Egyptian drivers need to be at the very least 18 years outdated to get certified, although you'll probably should be at the least 25 decades outdated to rent an auto in Egypt. Some firms might assist you to lease between the ages of 20 and twenty five, even though you'll probably pay out a surcharge to take action.
- Take into consideration selecting a driver, particularly for visits in to the desert or perhaps for your travel to Cairo.
- For just about any journey over the Sinai, have all of your documents on hand, like your rental deal, in preparing for frequent security checkpoints.
- Should you’re stopped because of the law enforcement and so are requested to pay for an to the place high-quality, make sure you get a penned receipt in English.
Cheap Car Rental in Egypt
Auto hire in Egypt typically starts off at all over $30 per day, although costs can double if you hire an auto at limited recognize or in additional remote towns. Here are some of the greatest bargains in Egypt
Best Price Car Rental in Egypt
- Renault Logan or similar (financial state class) – $fifteen/working day
- Nissan Sunny or related (compact course) – $16/day
- Kia Cerato or equivalent (intermediate course) – $twenty five/working day
- Mitsubishi Lancer or related (compact class) – $twenty five/day
- Kia Picanto or similar (economic system class) – $27/working day
Note that price ranges vary based on the availability of every specific auto and the season in which you rent. For quite possibly the most correct offers, use the search bar previously mentioned.
Strategies for Leasing an auto Inexpensively in Egypt
Setting up in advance can often help save you in excess of $23 on a daily basis if you e-book a car in Egypt. Ebook your vehicle just one to two months prior to deciding to arrive to be able to get the most effective charges.
Winter months, which include January and February, are usually considerably cheaper for journey by rental car in Egypt. You may as well usually help you save all around $ten each day by extending you rental car or truck period!
The most affordable price ranges are typically offered in Alexandria, within the Cairo International Airport, along with the Hurghada Airport, where by spending budget rental firms Europcar and Keddy by Europcar give essentially the most economical rental selections.